Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012


Give Time To Yourself

Regular practice of Reiki brought one very precious thing in my life and that was to slow down. All our life we keep running, completing tasks, keep appointments, meet deadlines, make social visits, the list is unending. How many times I would ask for more than 24 hours in a day. I was a slave of the clock. Some part of me would ask if all this was so important but I would ignore that voice. Till one day when I just gave up trying to keep up with the clock. Minimum compliance of reaching for work on time was the only thing I maintained. Rest of the stress of being quick and on time, I simply dumped it in the garbage can. This helped me immensely to have another perspective of my life and I began to have more time for things 'I wanted to do' rather than all the time doing 'what others wanted me to do.
Practicing Reiki calmed me down and led to a few 'out of the body experiences'. The pure moment of bliss in those moments have begun to replicate even when I am not meditating. It happens more and more when I am reading poetry or penning  down my thoughts in verse. Some thoughts on why I am slow.......

They say I am slow
I am slow as I wait...
I wait till the smiles reach the eyes.
I take time to appreciate 
all the lows and highs.
I wait for the tears to turn into joys.
I linger upon the shadows of sunshine,
playing on the leaves and boughs.
I am slow to be in sync 
with the spirit of life itself.  
I wait for the pain to turn into grief 
and slice through me 
 breaking all ties.
I am slow 
as I am in no hurry
to reach the skies.
They say I am slow
but being slow is good for me.     

2 comments:

  1. Dear Ranjini Madam,

    We live in times of pressure of all kinds- physical, mental & emotional & we become a slave of clock as you said. I believe it is Reiki that has helped me to allow other go first in traffic & I can wait or make me realise "this is the best I can do, so let me not worry any more" or "I could have done it, but let me understand and appreciate others limitaions not making it happen".

    All the way through, as these thoughts travel the mind tunnels, it is only one link that keeps afresh the thoughfulness or our goodness and it is the faith, trust in what we believe - Trust Reiki will do the best & just do Reiki, believe it will do the good only & nothing other than good for us. Thus with focus on Reiki in mind anythime, Reiki stands by us as the best guide. This link between us & Reiki that we practice is strengthened by one more effort that echoes " I will try to be good". And this takes away the stress making us slow down as you rightly said. Well pointed post & look forward to such more.

    Kind Regards
    Sukhdev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ranjini Madam,

    I was just wondering today how the day gets over soon and there comes a new dawn. It all happens so fast that never get time to contemplate what it takes to have a real good life. Does slowing down means to shed many things weight that we carry daily - so many unwanted things these are, mindful of meaningless defocused thoughts and actions that keep us occupied. I read once in a book, beware of what we think, what we do, what we speak, what we breath & what we eat, for all that it comes back to us as nothing remains unsettled in the universe. Most of the times I get an itch on my index finger of my hands and I try to Reiki - is it a sign of something that I must care about. It makes me feel careful about what I think or about to say. I have started believing intentions reverberate louder than lung power, thus even a thought of Reiki, slows the momentum of time to settle the unsettled. How wonderful is it to get associated with the positive energy of universe that keeps us away from lot of unwanted act or speaking. I used to wish to have more than 24 hours in a day to complete many a task for own goodself. I must learn that it is not to yearn for more hours, but to priortise the tasks in a day and lo the hours gets extended ! What you said aright. At times I visited this post and never have been empty handed. I must seek to meet you often than going blogging, for I learn more from you.
    Kind Regards
    Sukhdev

    ReplyDelete